Recipe 1 – Pizza Paratha
• Wheat Flour 1 cup
• Maida ½ cup
• Salt as per taste
• Cooking Oil 2 tbsp
• Lukewarm Water ½ cup
• Onion half
• Black Olive 5g
• Green Capsicum 5g
• Red Capsicum 5g
• Yellow Capsicum 5g
• Oregano ½ tsp
• Mozzarella Cheese 20g
• Cheddar Cheese 20g
• Pizza Sauce 1 tbsp
• Cheese Slice 1 slice
• Ghee 2 tbsp
1- In a bowl, add wheat flour, maida, salt, cooking oil, lukewarm water and mix it well.
2- Keep in the room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Dough is ready.
3- In another bowl, add onion, black olive, green capsicum, red capsicum, yellow capsicum, oregano, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese and mix it. Topping is ready.
4- Divide pizza dough into two balls and roll out each ball.
5- Now, place the pizza sauce, then spread toppings, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, cheese slice on one dough and cover with other dough.
6- Fry with ghee until both sides are golden.
Your tasty Pizza Paratha now ready to serve.
Recipe 2 – Whole Wheat Naan
• 1/2 cup warm-hot water
• 1/4 cup whole wheat or spelt flour
• 1.5 tsp yeast
• 1/2 tsp sugar or maple syrup , optional
• 1/4 cup non dairy yogurt (plain unsweetened, I use kite hill) at room temp, or use 1/4 cup cashew milk(thick non dairy milk),mixed with 1/2 tsp vinegar, or use mashed very ripe avocado
• 1 to 1.5 cups whole wheat flour , or a mix of wheat and spelt
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 2 tbsp oil plus more for greasing
• Flavor additions: garam masala , garlic powder, nutritional yeast, cumin, fresh herbs etc.
• Toppings: minced garlic, cilantro or fresh herbs, nigella seeds, black sesame seeds, vegan butter etc.
• Mix all the ingredients under sponge in order. Mix well to combine and cover with a towel. Let the sponge sit for 25 – 30 mins in a warm place.
• Then add 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, salt, and add to the sponge bowl. Add oil, mix well. Add more flour as needed to make a somewhat sticky but cohesive mixture. Knead for 2-3 mins to get to a somewhat smooth dough. Cover the bowl with a thick towel and let sit until dough is almost double in size. 1 to 1.5 hour depending on the ambient temperature.
• Drizzle a few drops of oil on the dough and spread. Use a tbsp of flour if needed to bring it together into a smooth ball. Divide the dough into 3 or 4 equal portions. Shape into smooth balls. Place the balls on parchment, cover with a towel and let sit for 10-15 mins. Meanwhile prep the skillet, toppings etc.
• Use some flour to shape the balls into naans using a rolling pin or just pressing with your hand(lightly so that all the air from the rising dough isnt squeezed out). Spritz water on top and press in any toppings like garlic, cilantro, nigella seeds or other seeds.
• Heat a cast iron or heavy bottom skillet over medium high heat. Cook for 1 to 3 minutes per side. (You can cover the Naan for half a minute during cooking). Brush liberally with vegan butter or oil. Cover with a towel is not serving immediately. Store on the counter for a few hours or refrigerate for up to a week or freeze for month. See Tips above the recipe. Serve with Indian Curries/Entrees. For more cooking options, see my original Naan post to Bake.
Recipe 3 – Shawarma
• 1.25 cups whole wheat flour, atta
• ¼ cup all purpose flour
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
• ⅛ th teaspoon baking soda
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons yogurt
• 1.5 tablespoons oil
• 1.5 teaspoon sugar
• ½ cup + 1 tablespoons milk, warm Filling
• 1 onion, medium, finely chopped
• ¼ teaspoon carom seeds, ajwain seeds
• ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
• ⅛ teaspoon red chili powder, or to taste
• ¼ teaspoon pomegranate seed powder, anardana powder
• 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
• salt, to taste
• In a bowl sift together whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
• Make a circle in the centre and add yogurt and oil. Mix till well incorporated.
• Slowly start adding warm milk and knead to form a smooth and soft dough. Apply some oil on the dough from all sides, cover and keep in a warm place for 2 hours.
• While the dough is resting, make the onion filling for the kulcha. Chop onions and set aside.
• Add cumin seeds, ajwain seeds (carom seeds), red chilli powder, salt and anardana powder (pomegranate seeds powder) and mix till well combined.
• Add the chopped coriander leaves and mix. The onion stuffing for the kulcha is now ready.
• After 2 hours, give the dough a quick knead and then divide it in 5 equal size balls.
• Take 1 ball and roll it like you roll a chapati/roti. Place around 1.5 tablespoons of filling in the center.
• Gather all edges and pinch so that the filling is sealed inside.
• Roll the kulcha again, do not roll it very thin or very thick.
• Heat a tawa or a skillet on medium heat. When the tawa is hot place the rolled kulcha on top. With in a minute you will bubbles popping up on the surface, flip the kulcha and cook from the other side.
• Flip again and cook. You have to cook till kulcha has brown spots all over on both sides and looks well cooked.
• Remove the kulcha from the tawa and immediately brush it with some butter. Serve warm with some chole!
Terms and conditions to the #MazedarRoti contest.
The consumers and shall hereinafter be referred to as “the Contest”.
- Participation in this Contest is purely voluntary. By participating in this Contest, each Participant is deemed to have accepted the complete terms and conditions of this Contest.
- The contest is open only for Pakistani Citizens with the age bracket above 15 yrs.
- Contest duration – 20th April to 27th April.
- Consumers participating or seeking to participate in the contest shall individually be referred to as “Participant” and collectively as “Participants”.
- Entries to be shared on the post or via inbox on Sunridge Facebook & Instagram account.
- Only recipes cooked with Sunridge shall be considered as a valid entry.
- Incomplete and invalid entries which are not in the format mentioned on the submission page will not be accepted.
- Winners of the contest will be announced on the Sunridge official platforms.
- The Prize is neither transferable, replaceable nor upgradeable and no cash payment in lieu of the same will be made. Participant will need to give complete and accurate address for dispatch.
- Multiple entries from the same participant are not acceptable.
- Company’s representative will approach the winners via Sunridge’s official account for details.
- Winners would be contacted a maximum of 3 times through the contact details provided by them. In the event of no response from the participants or the winners, Sunridge Foods shall not be held responsible for non-delivery of prizes or gifts.
- By availing the prizes and/or taking part in the contest, all participants agree that Sunridge shall be at liberty to use participants & recipes name and/or photo and/or video that may appear in any advertisements / promotions/media coverage or publicity in any form which exists today or will be known anytime in the future, without any consideration to the Participant and/ or the Winner. No fees or other sums are to be paid to the participants on account of taking part in the aforementioned advertisements / promotions.
- Sunridge Foods shall not be responsible for delay in delivery/non delivery/damage of gifts/prize.
- For any queries consumers can write into us via the contact page on our website.